Welcome to the Australian Lebanese Medical Association (ALMA).
ALMA is comprised of Australian health professionals of a Lebanese background.
ALMA is a not for profit association whose major objectives include:
(1) To provide a forum for professional and social exchange amongst its members
(2) To promote and pursue charitable, educational and social projects within the Australian community;
(3) To promote and conduct continuing medical education in professional skills and knowledge of its members; the furtherance of medical science within the membership of the Association, for the benefit of the Australian community;
(4) To promote and conduct community educational forums and support for the Australian and Lebanese community;
(5) To promote and foster linkages amongst other medical associations in Australia and Internationally;
(6) To provide responses in relation to medical and health issues affecting the Lebanese community in Australia and thereby advise on any health policy issue;
(7) To promote the exchange of health professionals between the Australian community and Lebanon;
(8) To provide reasonable guidance and support to any Lebanese Medical professional and to the Australian and Lebanese communities as a whole in Australia;
Establishment of ALMA
ALMA was established in March 2012 in Melbourne, Australia.
Executive Committee comprise:
President: Dr Sue Hosn (Dentist)
Vice President: Dr Nezor Houli (Hepatobiliary & Transplant Surgeon)
Treasurer: Dr Maroun Francis (Chinese Medicine Practioner)
Secretary: Dr Malak Sukkar (Chief Strategy, Business + Development Officer at Northern Health)
Miss Mariam Hachem (Researcher)
Dr Jade El-Mohammed
Dr John El Khoury
Dr Michael Merhi (General Practitioner)
Dr Fadwa Hassan (Diabetes Nurse Educator)
Dr Walid Ahmar (Catdiologist & President of National ALMA)